This position arises in Valby International Preschool in Copenhagen, Denmark for experienced and enthusiastic Kindergarten assistant teacher.
It is essential that you are a natural team player, a proactive person who takes responsibility and ownership of the tasks and you are flexible when it comes to responsibilities and tasks.
• Implementation of activities within overall curriculum framework
• Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic and safe on continuous
• Planning and implementing outdoor and extra-curricular activities
• Assist in observation and recording children’s growth, development and behaviour
• Build good, open and constructive communication with children, families, administration and staff
• Administrative tasks for internal and external communications as and when required
Language, education and experience requirements:
o Native level fluency in English ( C2 level; IELTS band 8 and above ) is required. Please do not apply if you do not have C2 level fluency
o Danish language skill is advantageous, but not mandatory
o Minimum 5 years’ experience in daycare/ kindergarten is required. Application without requisite experience will not be accepted.
o Demonstrable experience in Differentiated Learning and Positive Behaviour Management is required
o Certification and hands-on experience in Montessori/ Highscope is preferable
o Creative and truly passionate to work with children while being extremely patient and caring
o Sound written and verbal communication skills
o Great team player while can also work independently
o Person who is culturally sensitive and thrives in truly international environment
o Enthusiastic and flexible to share tasks typical for a small but growing organisation
Salary and benefits: We offer highly competitive salary, pension and benefits within international childcare sector in Denmark.
Interviews will be conducted as we receive applications. Please note that due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview process.
Last date of application: January 15, 2020